Simple, fast, delicious and light. It’s just what I need. I’ve just come out of a chaotic weekend full of business seminaries where I’ve eaten dozens of pastry dishes and drank gallons of coffee and I have to say my stomach feels like a heavy ball of metal. I don’t like that.
So, this dish is my solution to the problem. It has everything I need to get me back on track. Fresh veggies and light white fish. Now, if you feel this dish is a little too light for your taste you can add some canned beans. They go nicely with the flavors in this mix and it diversifies the textures.
I say try both dishes and settle on the one you like best. Bon appetit guys and have a great day!
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped or 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 big red pepper, chopped
- 2 fillets of Alaska Cod
- 1 handful of black olives, whole or chopped
- a few leaves of parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoons of salt
- ¼ teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up the olive oil in a non-stick pan and throw the onions in. Stir them for a about 4 minutes until they get soft.
- Get the tomatoes and the red peppers in the pan and mix everything up for a couple of minutes. Leave the pan on low fire for another 15 minutes, until it boils down a little.
- In a backing dish pour the mixture and make two small spaces for the cod files. Put the olives around the fish and get the dish in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes.
- When it's done sprinkle the parsley all over the dish and serve.