Remember that cinnamon yogurt dip from a couple of posts back?
It serves a greater purpose now. Pancakes! Fluffy apple and cinnamon flavored pancakes. A breakfast for the ages one might say.
I fully agree! I enjoyed so much these little pancakes, I guess mostly because it wasn’t me that cooked them. They are the masterpiece of my lovely girlfriend who wanted to surprise me, and to be honest she succeeded.
The cinnamon yogurt to go with the pancakes? Also her idea. What can I say? I had a great morning. Hope you will have one too.
Oh and one more thing. I’m working on a little something for you guys. This is the only thing I’m going to share about it now: It is crunchy!
Any ideas what it could be?
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons of powdered vanilla flavored sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200 ml yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 medium size apples, peeled and shredded
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Take a large bowl and whisk together the eggs and the melted butter. Add the yogurt and whisk until uniform.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, the sugar and the baking powder, then gently whisk the powdered mixture into the egg/yogurt mixture.
- Add the shredded apple and the cinnamon and stir gently to cover the apple pieces with the batter.
- Heat up a non-stick pan. Brush it or spray it with a small amount of cooking oil. Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan for each pancake and cook until brown. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until brown on the other side as well.
- Repeat until the batter is all gone. Serve with cinnamon yogurt.
Notice: Trying to get property 'nodeValue' of non-object in /home/simplyum/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyrecipe/lib/EasyRecipeDocument.php on line 94