Well, well! After almost a year of pure inactivity I’m finally back! Actually, WE’re back, as I’ve decided to join forces with my girlfriend, Andreea (you probably remember her from the last guest post). She’s going to do the writing and the photo-editing, while I’m going to do the cooking and the recipes (a.k.a. the cool stuff… just kiddin’).
I’ve been passing through some big changes in my career life (found a new, awesome but demanding job and moved to a different city) and I couldn’t find the time to dedicate to this blog. I didn’t want to do it just for the sake of it so I preferred to take some time off and focus on the other pressing aspects of my life. That’s why I haven’t been around here for so long, sorry for not announcing!
Anyway, here I am! And we’re celebrating the comeback with this delicious frittata, waiting to be posted here for a year! Just looking at these perfect cherry tomatoes and remembering the great aroma of fresh basil makes me want to run in the kitchen and cook something!
And damn, I didn’t even get to the images of the actual frittata and I already feel hungry! Guys, I totally recommend this easy-to-do recipe for any breakfast or late-breakfast or brunch moment. There’s no big philosophy in making it, just make sure you use fresh vegetables, they will make the difference.
Just.. try it and let me know how it went!
- 6 large eggs
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- a few basil leaves, sliced
- 100 g of mozzarella
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven at 410 F / 210 C. Take the basil leaves and stack them, then gently roll them like a cigar and slice them. Also, slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a bowl crack open the eggs and whisk them until you get a beautiful uniform color. Season with salt and pepper and add the sliced basil.
- Heat your olive oil in a non-stick oven proof pan and pour the egg mixture in. Gently place, one by one, the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle randomly chunks of mozzarella. Leave it another 30 seconds on the fire and then place the pan in the oven, until the eggs are beautifully golden, that’s somewhere between 15 to 20 minutes.
- When it’s done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a minute or two, then slice it like a pizza and serve. Bon appetit!