I can’t believe Summer is already here! I don’t know what kind of weather you experienced in the last couple of weeks, but I’m completely baffled about what’s going on where I live. Two weeks ago I would wake up to see snow flakes dancing in the air just like in December and now, now I’m sweating even in the shade.
But, whatever, I’m not complaining, I like it better this way. The time for cold smoothies, lemonades and salads has come.
And today this salad is what came to mind. Nothing really extravagant, nothing really complicated, just a little something full of flavor and easy to do on a hot day. I really like what came out of this little food play, I like the way the sweet cherry tomato flavor battles the salty flavor of the goat cheese, I like the pungent flavor of the radishes, I like the way the dressing complements the other ingredients. In simple words, what I’m saying is that I like this salad very very much and I would eat one every day of the week!
- a few lettuce leaves, chopped
- a few baby spinach leaves
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- two radishes, finely sliced
- 50 g of goat cheese
- 1½ tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- juice from half a lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl place the lettuce leaves, the baby spinach leaves, the tomatoes and the radishes.
- In another bowl mix together the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. This forms the dressing for the salad.
- Pour the dressing, to taste, over the ingredients in the first bowl and stir gently with a spoon or by hand in order to coat the veggies.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese all over the salad and serve immediately.