What a simple solution for a great side dish. My friends and I adore these potatoes. The show they put on when you take them out of the oven is simply mouth watering! Sizzling like crazy and smelling amazing, they immediately bring joy to everyone that’s sitting at the table.
Just look at that golden crust that’s on them. It just makes you take a bite, and then another and another, until you beg for more.
Yeah, I’m begging for more right now!
What a great meal that was. I also did something to go along with these potatoes. I’m pretty sure you’re going to like this. It’s a simple sauce that brings a lot of freshness to the table. So, take a bowl and pour in it 8 tablespoons of sour cream. Squeeze about half a lime on top of the sour cream and stir really well. Season with salt if you feel the need. Drizzle all over the potatoes and serve while they are still hot.
- 8 medium size potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of rosemary, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven at 200°C/392°F. Bring a pot of water to boil. Peel your potatoes, cut them into 1 cm cubes and place them in the boiling water. Leave them in the pot for 8 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot. Add the olive oil, the rosemary and the garlic. Season with the salt and pepper and stir everything really well, but gently, so you don't end up with mashed potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in an oven proof dish and cook for about 1 hour. Once every 20 minutes stir the potatoes a bit.
- When they have a beautiful golden crust they're ready.