For some reason people neglect this recipe and I don’t know why. Maybe because it’s just too simple. You just cut some carrots, throw them in the oven, get them out and eat them.
I mean, the only thing that is easier to do is to eat them raw. But, don’t think just because it’s so simple it has nothing to offer! You will be surprised, I know I was. The overall flavor is simply amazing. They came out so good I started eating them one by one without anything on the side.
A little advice though. Use young carrots, they have more flavor and are juicier. If you don’t find any, than you’ll have to thinly slice the older carrots in order for them to cook properly and be succulent.
- 1 handful of carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoons of savory
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven at 200°C/392°F. Put the carrots in an oven proof dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar. Add the garlic, sprinkle the savory and season with the salt and pepper.
- Mix everything up and cover the dish with tin foil. Put the dish in the oven and leave it there for 30 to 40 minutes, until the carrots get soft and succulent.
- Remove the tin foil and leave the carrots in the oven for another 15 minutes, so they get a beautiful crust.