I am drooling right now! I’ve made this recipe two days ago, but I didn’t have any time to go trough the photos until today and now… now I’m hungry as an animal in the winter. I just can’t stare away from this grilled chicken.
And the taste! Unbelievable! All the senses come to life when you eat this, it’s like a war going on in your mouth. The hotness is trying to invade, but the fresh cucumber yogurt says no, it’s something out of this world!
But, now that I think about it, I don’t remember if I ever asked you if you like your food hot and spicy. If you’re not a big fan of hot food, for this recipe just dump the chili powder and season with less black pepper. The paprika will bring a lot of flavor and sweetness to the plate, so you don’t have to worry the dish will be a failure. As far as I see it, you can’t go wrong with this dish.
So, do you like hot and spicy food?
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 200 ml of yogurt
- chili powder
- paprika powder
- freshly ground pepper
- pita bread
- parsley or coriander leaves
- Heat a grilling pan on medium-high heat and spray it with a bit of oil. Take your chicken slices and season them well with salt and pepper and then sprinkle a generous quantity of paprika powder and chili powder on both sides.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for a couple of minutes on each side. Being thin it will be ready in no time. When it's done let the chicken rest for a couple of minutes and then slice it roughly into cubes.
- Take the cucumber, peel it, halve it and de-seed it. Roughly cube it and place the pieces in a bowl. Pour the yogurt on top and season with salt and pepper. Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice from one half in the bowl. Stir so the ingredients mix together.
- Place the chicken on a pita bread, drizzle the cucumber yogurt and top everything with parsley or coriander leaves. That simple. Bon appetit!