Spinach and garlic! If you would ask me I would say never cook spinach without garlic. It just doesn’t feel right. Am I the only one around that feels this way? Anyone?
They are a perfect match.
The truth is until this year I haven’t eaten spinach other than the way my dear mom makes it and to be honest I wanted something new. And because I absolutely love pasta, here you have it.
Absolute flavor madness!
And it is also lazy people proof. It took me a bit under 15 minutes to make it. So there’s no excuse for you. Bon appetit!
- Penne Pasta
- a handful of spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3 tablespoons of double cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling drop in the pasta and cook al dente. If you are having trouble making pasta check this little tutorial.
- Heat up about a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry the garlic for a couple of minutes. Be careful not to burn it. Add the butter, let it melt and then add the spinach. Cook the spinach for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- When the pasta is done, save a cup of the cooking water and then drain the pasta.
- On top of the spinach pour the double cream and season everything with salt and pepper. Add the pasta in the pan with the sauce and stir. Cook for another half a minute to a minute. If you feel the sauce is too thick add a bit of the water you saved earlier.
- Serve immediately. Bon appetit!