This morning I woke up and the only thing I wanted was something chocolaty. So, what better than a fluffy sweet chocolate mousse to brighten up a Sunday?
I mean it’s really easy to do and I have chocolate at home almost every day of the year, so why should I bother with baking? I’m pretty lazy on Sundays so it’s going to be a real miracle when you’ll see a cake on this blog. But I promise I’ll put aside my laziness from time to time for you guys!
But until then, I’ll stick to these little fast and gorgeous recipes that you can make blindfolded, just so you can have more time to enjoy the day.
- 100 g of dark chocolate, grated
- 6 tablespoons of low-fat yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- vanilla or rum essence (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Over it melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Once melted, let it cool for a couple of minutes and stir in 4 tablespoons of yogurt.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add the sugar and whisk until stiff again. Fold a tablespoon of the whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it up just a bit and then gently fold in the rest. You can add a drop or two of vanilla or rum essence if you prefer.
- Pour this mixture in small glasses and refrigerate for a about two hours. Just before serving top each glass with a tablespoon of yogurt and some grated chocolate. Bon appetit!