Let the health revolution continue! Well, that came out a bit too heroic, but in essence that is how I feel right now. So much in fact I’m even thinking of starting a new section on the blog, maybe called Healthy Monday? How does that sound?
But in the meantime… smoothies! Why smoothies? Because some time ago I heard a saying that got stuck in my mind. It went something like this: “eat your liquids and drink your solids”. I don’t quite understand the first part of this quote ( maybe someone can shed some light ), but with the second part I simply fell in love! Thus, smoothies.
I think everyone should drink a smoothie in the morning. It’s easy and fast to make, it is a vitamin bomb and you can take it with you in a jar or in a travel mug. I don’t think you can find an excuse not to grab one in the morning. You can do it however you want, use whatever fruit/veggie you like, you can make them with fresh or frozen fruits, you can add milk, coconut milk, yogurt, water.
The point is there are so many possibilities that I think it is impossible not to find one that suits your taste.
- 1 small to medium carrot, peeled
- 2 medium size apples, peeled and deseeded
- 1 medium size peach, peeled and stone removed
- 5 tablespoons of fat free yogurt
- 5 tablespoons of milk
- Chop the carrot, the apples and the peaches into bite size pieces and place them into a blender.
- Pour the yogurt and the milk and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.