I can’t even believe how easy it is to make this recipe. This basically is the kind of dish a student would prepare between two matches of their favorite video game. It’s that simple! Now don’t get discouraged if you’re not yet a student, or those years are well behind you, you will still be able to make this dish come true in matter of minutes!
So, you need onions, tomatoes, red peppers, ham and pasta. Dead simple! I told you this recipe is fast to make, but if you’re looking to cut down on preparation time even more I just might have a little life hack that goes beautifully in this case. Instead of fresh tomatoes, go buy a couple of cans of chopped ones instead. You’ll save precious minutes by not having to peel and chop the tomatoes yourself. But if you have some spare time, buy them fresh and exercise those knife skills.
I have to say, this little recipe right here is perfect in times when you have a hard day and you just want to eat something quick while watching your favorite sitcom. Believe me when I say this, it will brighten your day!
Now, it’s time for me to stop talking and let you start cooking, so have fun with it and let me know what came out of this pretty little dish!
Have a great day, guys!
- 150 g Fusilli Pasta or any kind of pasta your prefer
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 large tomatoes or 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 150 g ham
- 1 teaspoon salt for the pasta
- ¼ teaspoon salt for the sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pour some water in a pot, add a teaspoon of salt, get it on the fire and bring to boil.
- Get all your ingredients ready to be cooked by chopping finely the onion, the red pepper and by peeling and chopping the tomatoes if you got the fresh ones. Also slice the ham in thin strips.
- When the water is boiling put in the pasta and leave it there as long as indicated on the package. In the meantime get a non-stick pan and heat up the olive oil.
- Get the onion in the pan and stir until it gets soft. Add the red pepper and the ham and continue to stir for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season the mixture with salt and pepper and leave it on the fire until it boils down just a little.
- Get your pasta on a plate, mix in the sauce, garnish with parsley or basil and enjoy every bit of it.