These mushrooms cooked in red wine sauce are simply heavenly! I like them so much just because justice has been made to the mushrooms. I know I use them as a side ingredient in many recipes and I’m sure you do too, but here, they are the stars of the show, the ones that get all the credit.
And they truly deserve it. Just look at them, they are gorgeous. And, believe me when I say, full of flavor. You will see this for yourselves when you get home and start cooking them.
A couple of tips though. Firstly, always use baby mushrooms. In the end they will look a lot more appetizing. Secondly, don’t overcrowd them, because the water lost by the mushrooms will not evaporate in time and you will end up with a messy puddle.
- 50 g or about 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ - ½ cup of red wine
- 400 g of baby champignon mushrooms or baby crimini mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up the butter and the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the mushrooms and saute them for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the wine, stir a bit, cover the pan and cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, season the mushrooms with the salt and pepper and stir them a bit. Cook them for another 5 minutes. The sauce should have thickened just a bit by now.
- Remove them from the pan onto a plate, drizzle the lemon juice, sprinkle the parsley and serve.
Notice: Trying to get property 'nodeValue' of non-object in /home/simplyum/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyrecipe/lib/EasyRecipeDocument.php on line 94