I really don’t want to complain again about how hot it is, but I will, because, well, it is hot! I’m constantly thinking of ways to cool down and I’m imagining myself on a beach, under an umbrella with a cold lemonade.
But, the truth is, I’m 800 km away from the nearest sea and I don’t have time for a vacation right now, so the only thing I can do to combat the heat is the lemonade I mentioned. Oh it is like a blessing from above! Sweet, sour and the best part, it is cold as ice.
How is the weather in your neighbourhood? Do you also feel the need for a cold one to cool down?
Refreshing Lemonade on a Hot Day
Author: Simply yum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
- In a small saucepan heat up the sugar and the water until the sugar is dissolved completely. This will be the base syrup for the lemonade.
- Halve 5 lemons and squeeze the juices out. You should have one cup of lemon juice.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add the cold water and stir until uniform. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Serve with ice and sliced lemons.
I love lemonades… with little pieces of strawberry in them they are even better 😀
Thanks for the info! 😀 I think I’ll try your idea out to see what tasty drink comes out of it! 😉
Simple and nice. I love lemonades & its summer in India. Keep up the good work!