Spring is finally here! I’ve missed this weather so much. After I don’t even know how many months of snow and rain and cold the Sun is finally shining like it’s supposed to. It’s so shiny and warm in fact that it sometimes feels like summer.
So, to cool down just a little bit I’ve prepared something amazingly simple and delicious. This beautiful and full of flavor tomato salad. At my local market unfortunately they only had these two types of tomatoes so, if you have the chance to buy from your local market a more diverse variety of tomatoes, be sure to do so. The aromas simply reinvigorate you!
Simple Spring Tomato Salad
Author: Simply yum
- 3 or 4 hothouse tomatoes
- one handful of cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- a few basil leaves, washed and chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- Slice the hothouse tomatoes in whatever shape comes to mind, it doesn't really matter and place the pieces in a bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes and place them in the same bowl with the other tomatoes, then add the basil leaves.
- For the dressing mix together the olive oil and the vinegar in a small bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remember to keep the same proportion of olive oil and vinegar when making again this salad. Three quarters oil and one quarter vinegar. It's the best.
- Pour the dressing on top of the tomatoes and stir gently so the ingredients mix together.
- Serve with fresh bread or toast. Bon appetit!
wow, what a lovely space you’ve got here! I came to you through foodgawker and I cannot stop staring at your photos, what beautiful light you have captured! (I am still salivating after having looked at your chocolate mousse, what a shame it’s after 10pm where I am and I have no chocolate at home!) Could I just ask you what camera and lens you are using to create your shots, if you don’t mind me asking?
Hey Julian, thanks for the lovely comment. I’m curently using a Nikon D7000 with a Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D.
What a beautiful site – so glad to have found it! Your photos are gorgeous. I love simple tomato salads like this one – yum! It feels like summer in San Francisco today, too.
Thank you very much Alanna, I hope you’ll have a great time on my little blog!