Spring is finally here! I’ve missed this weather so much. After I don’t even know how many months of snow and rain and cold the Sun is finally shining like it’s supposed to. It’s so shiny and warm in fact that it sometimes feels like summer.
So, to cool down just a little bit I’ve prepared something amazingly simple and delicious. This beautiful and full of flavor tomato salad. At my local market unfortunately they only had these two types of tomatoes so, if you have the chance to buy from your local market a more diverse variety of tomatoes, be sure to do so. The aromas simply reinvigorate you!
- 3 or 4 hothouse tomatoes
- one handful of cherry tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- a few basil leaves, washed and chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- Slice the hothouse tomatoes in whatever shape comes to mind, it doesn't really matter and place the pieces in a bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes and place them in the same bowl with the other tomatoes, then add the basil leaves.
- For the dressing mix together the olive oil and the vinegar in a small bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remember to keep the same proportion of olive oil and vinegar when making again this salad. Three quarters oil and one quarter vinegar. It's the best.
- Pour the dressing on top of the tomatoes and stir gently so the ingredients mix together.
- Serve with fresh bread or toast. Bon appetit!
Notice: Trying to get property 'nodeValue' of non-object in /home/customer/www/simplyum.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easyrecipe/lib/EasyRecipeDocument.php on line 94