This is a classic in my home. Since I was a child I remember my mother often sweetening up the day with a large stash of delicious homemade crepes. They were fast, simple and yummy. Simply yum! After 20-something years, I finally learnt to successfully make them myself so, here I am, giving away my mom’s crepes recipe and brightening up your day!
The filling is up to your imagination. You can use anything you want from jam to chocolate or whatever other tasty combination crosses your mind.
Vanilla Flavored Crepes with Morello Cherry Yogurt
Author: Simply yum
- 10 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 glass of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 300 ml of yogurt
- morello cherry compote
- chocolate topping
- Let's begin with the crepes batter. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, the sugar and the eggs. Gradually add the milk and the soda, while continuously whisking. Add the butter and beat until smooth. If you feel it should be more liquid add more soda while continuously whisking. Set aside to rest for about half an hour.
- Heat up a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour about ¼ of a cup of batter in the pan for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so the batter covers the surface evenly. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't come out right the first time. You'll get the hang of it after you make a few.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. With a spatula loosen it up, flip it and cook it for another 1 to 2 minutes, until light brown on the other side as well.
- Now that we're all done with the crepes let's make a light delicious filling. Take a handful of morello cherries from the compote and cut them in two. Get rid of the stones. Place the halved cherries in a bowl and add the yogurt. Mix together until the cherries get covered with the yogurt. Fill the crepes in whichever way you like.
- Top each crepe with a tablespoon of yogurt, drizzle some chocolate topping and powdered sugar and serve.